As I walk through the valley where I harvest my grain
I take a look at the soil, and realise it needs rain
But I've been milling and farming so long
That even my lordship thinks that my mind is corn
But I hast never crossed a Lord that ne’er deserved it
Me, be treated like a serf? Well that’s actually heard of,
Take heed what thou be prating, where thou be striding,
Or thou and thine maidens might be for a lashing,
I surely hate the King but I gots to work,
As I plough, yonder village going up in smoke
Fools, I'm the kind of Farmer little ruffians try to be like
On thine knees in the night, sowing wheat by the moonlight
Been spending most thine life living in a peasants paradise
Been spending most thine life living in a peasants paradise
Keep spending most my life living in this feudal paradise
Keep spending most our lives living in this feudal paradise
Look at the situation my lordship hath me facing
I can't live a normal life, thou was’t raised by the wheat fields
So I have to be strong for the plough team
But too much maiden watching has me chasing dreams
An uneducated fool with groschen on my mind
Got my scythe in my hand and a gleam in my eye
I'm a burned out peasant, but I still fly the banner
Yet my grindstone’s wet so don't arouse my anger
Fools, death art nothing but a plague rat away
I'm living life plough or die, what can I say?
I'm 23 now, but will I live to see 24?
The way the plague is going, I don't know…
Been spending most thine life living in a peasants paradise
Been spending most thine life living in a peasants paradise
Keep spending most my life living in my lordship’s paradise
Keep spending most our lives living in my lordship’s paradise
Ploughing for the wheat, milling for the flour,
Minute after minute, hour after hour
Everybody's watching, and half of them are starving,
“It's for the lordship’s kitchen!”, but I don't know what's cookin'
They say “thou should learn”, there’s no baker here to teach me
if I don’t understand it, who gonna feed me?
I know they can't, I know they won't
I know that buboes why I know my life is on the owt, fool!
Been spending most thine life living in a peasants paradise
Been spending most thine life living in a peasants paradise
Keep spending most my life living in my lordship’s paradise
Keep spending most our lives living in my lordship’s paradise
Source: https://youtu.be/dywM446-vcE?si=w_4svKARPBaVXbaN
Nenhum comentário:
Postar um comentário